Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Hoppenz & Roitsch
webmaster
Super Administrator

Mood: The webmaster is Happy!

[*] posted on 9-15-2015 at 07:46 AM
Hoppenz & Roitsch

George,

I would just like to say thank you for all of your hard work and patience in creating this list on the Wendish peoples. I have two relatives listed on the two pages Hoppenz and Roitsch. I was just wondering where you were getting the notes from that are on the yellow pages but are not in red ink. It does match our information we had received from relative stories and our own research. We always thought we were Wendish but this is the first time we saw these names on a Wendish URL.

- Randal Hoppens
webmaster
Super Administrator

Mood: The webmaster is Happy!

[*] posted on 9-15-2015 at 07:48 AM

Randal:

There is no significance to the yellow color of the sheet for the Roitsch family other than I must have used up my white sheet supply. Either I did not encounter the Roitsch name earlier in the research of I had no early evidence the family was Wendish. As I mentioned in the Introduction, I made these pages for my own use and I did not attempt to include the source for information. Even so, there are two sources on the Roitsch page: the 1880 Fayette County Census and the name at the bottom of the page—Arnold Roitsch Rt. 2, Box 74, Manor, Texas. The only time I recorded information in red is if the information was gathered while in East Germany.

You become the detective when there is conflicting information. What are the sources? Which one is the most reliable? You could even state your choice and footnote the other option. Best wishes on your research.

- George

Go To Top