mersiowsky
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-9-2015 at 09:33 PM
017.200 Kilian to Mättig/Matek [Sorbisches Kulturarchiv], 1852

In Dauban, 7 April 1852 (per Express)

To: Master August Mättig
Miller in Breitendorf

Dear Friend,

In the confidence that you are sincerely interested in my happiness, I, and my wife, are informing you, that the Lord God on Tuesday early on April 6 at 3 o’clock blessed us with a healthy young son. And because we would like to bring this our little son to holy baptism on Thursday after Easter, April 15 and therefore need Christian godparents, so we have chosen you, dear friend, to be the faithful sponsor for the little one, when it will be taken into the kingdom of God through the bath of regeneration, to offer the baptismal pledge, and to pray for him that he may grow up to God’s honor and the joy of mankind.

Therefore we kindly request, that you, dear sponsor, as well as your dear spouse, would join us in Dauban on Thursday after Easter exactly at noon and after completion of the holy act, participate in a small festive meal in our house.

The second sponsor will be the Reverend [Karl Friedrich] Hilbrig from Kotitz and the female sponsor will be the wife of the blacksmith in Klitten.

And so I, along with my wife, heartily commend ourselves to you and your wife and remain in the Lord.

Confidentially yours,
Jan Kilian, P.

[GRN; CS]

In Dauban, 7. April 1852 (per Express)

An den Meister August Mättig
Müller in Breitendorf

Verehrter lieber Freund!

Im Vertrauen darauf, daß Sie an meinem Glück herzlichen Anteil nehmen, gebe ich Ihnen mit meiner Gattin bekannt, daß Gott der Herr am Dienstag, den 6. April, früh drei Uhr, einen gesunden jungen Sohn beschert hat. Und weil wir dieses unser Söhnchen am Donnerstag nach Ostern, den 15. April, zur heiligen Taufe gebracht haben möchten und dazu christliche Taufpaten benötigen, so haben wir Sie, lieber Freund, erwählt, um als treuer Pate für das Kindchen, wenn es durch das Bad der Neugeburt in das Reich Gottes aufgenommen wird, das Taufgelöbnis abzulegen und für dasselbe zu beten, damit es zur Ehre Gottes und den Menschen zur Freude heranwachsen möge.

Deshalb bitten wir Sie recht freundlich, sie möchten, lieber Pate mit Ihrer geliebten Gattin, am Donnerstag nach Ostern mittags rechtzeitig bei uns in Dauban eintreffen und nach erledigtem heiligen Werk in unserem Hause ein kleines Festmahl sich gefallen lassen.

Der zweite Pate wird Herr Geistlicher [Karl Friedrich] Hilbrig aus Kotitz und Patin wird die Frau des Schmiedes in Klitten sein.
Und so empfehle ich mich mit meiner Gattin Ihnen und Ihrer lieben Ehefrau herzlich und verbleibe im Herrn

Ihr Vertrauter
Jan Kilian, Geistlicher.

[Musiat]

Go To Top