The Wendish Research Exchange
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 109.510 Lindemann to Kilian [CHI, Serbin Collection] 20 Nov 1869
mersiowsky
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-27-2015 at 04:31 PM
109.510 Lindemann to Kilian [CHI, Serbin Collection] 20 Nov 1869

Addison: November 29, 1869

(To) a Beloved, Faithful Brother in Christ Jesus, our Lord!

No doubt you know the German expression: When there is ringing in one’s ear, someone is speaking about you, whether the least valid, (I) have thought about you! Were this word true in every case, then your ears must have rung very often in these times, as I have right warmly and inwardly thought about you day after day. I should have written long ago – (I) wanted to do it long ago, but it was always shoved off further, and now a long time has already passed, that I have not written to you. Now you know that one is not always in the mood to write letters, and believe you me (you) also know when I try, that I have so much to write, that it becomes too much for me. Now, today you should at least receive a line, so that you can see that I have you in unending love.

First, receive (my) hearty thanks for the excellent book that you sent me. I have not yet read through it, but the portions I have read, have rightly satisfied me. I had no knowledge of such a detailed work about this weighty subject, but now I rejoice so much more to possess it. Once again, hearty, inner thanks!

So then I desire to invite you to be my guest in all heartiest and friendliness at the next Synodical (convention). You will already have found out that our remaining District gathers here in Addison in April of this year. Then you will have the excellent opportunity to visit the synod, your dear son and me. I will count it a special honor and will count it a great joy when I can show you hospitality under my roof for a week. And what a joy it would be for Gerhard, his dear Papa, to whom he is so attached, to see you here. It is true (isn’t it), dearly beloved, that you are coming? Yes, yes, I count on it!

How are things going with our Leubner? Are you now pleased with him, and does he hold himself in modest charge? Please write to me about him; I am very anxious to learn about him, how things are for our pupil!

It goes yet always well for your Gerhard. He is well, giving himself to right labor and studies diligently. I have a right warm love for him, as he is a pious, faithful person. I hope to God, that we also will experience in the future only delight in him. He sends you; his Mother and all siblings warm greetings. You receive also from my family and me the warmest greetings, so also for yourself and all of yours. The faithful God bless and keep you now and always. I remain in warmest high regard and faithful love,

Yours,
C. W. Lindemann

[H. Melvin Symmank]

Addison, Novbr. 29. 1869.

Innig geliebter, theurer Bruder
in Christo Jesu, unserm Herrn!

Sie kennen ohne Zweifel das deutsche Sprichwort: Wenn Einem die Ohren klingen, so wird von ihm geredet, oder wenigstens stark an ihn gedacht! Ist dieses Wort in jedem Falle wahr, so müssen Ihnen in dieser Zeit sehr oft die Ohren geklungen haben, denn ich habe Tag für Tag Ihrer recht herzlich und innig gedacht. Schreiben hätte ich längst sollen – wollte es längst thun, aber es ward immer weiter aufgeschoben, und nun ist schon eine lange Zeit dahin geflogen, dass ich nicht an Sie geschrieben habe. Nun, Sie wissen es, dass man zum Briefschreiben nicht allezeit aufgelegt ist, und glauben es mir auch gewiss, wenn ich versichere, dass ich so viel zu schreiben habe, dass es mir oft viel zu viel wird. Nun, heute sollen Sie wenigstens einige Zeilen empfangen, damit Sie sehen, dass ich Ihrer in unveränderter Liebe gedenke.

Zunächst empfangen Sie herzlichsten Dank für das treffliche Buch, das Sie mir geschickt haben. Durchgelesen habe ich es noch nicht, aber die Abschnitte, die ich gelesen, haben mich recht befriedigt. Ich hatte von einem so ausführlichen Werke über diesen wichtigen Gegenstand keine Kenntniss, freue mich nun aber um so mehr, es zu besitzen. Nochmals herzlichen, innigen Dank!!

Sodann möchte ich Sie aufs allerherzlichste und freundlichste einladen, bei nächster Synode mein Gast zu sein. Sie werden es ja wohl schon erfahren haben, dass sich unser restlicher Distrikt im April u. J. hier in Addison versammelt. Dann haben Sie ja die trefflichste Gelegenheit, die Synode, Ihren lieben Sohn und mich zu besuchen. Ich werde es mir als eine besondere Ehre anrechnen, und es wird zu großer Freude gereichen, wenn ich Sie unter meinem Dache einige Wochen bewirthen kann. Und welche Freude muss es für Gerhard sein, den lieben Papa, an dem er so sehr hängt, hier bei sich zu sehen. Nicht wahr, Theuerster, Sie kommen? Ja, ja, ich zähle darauf!

Wie geht es denn mit unserm Leubner? Sind Sie jetzt mit ihm zufrieden, und hält er sich in gebührender Bescheidenheit? Bitte, schreiben Sie mir doch über ihn; es muss mir ja sehr daran liegen, zu erfahren, wie es unsere Zöglinge treiben!

Ihrem Gerhard geht es noch immer gut. Er ist wohl, giebt sich rechte Mühe u. studirt fleissig. Ich habe ihn recht herzlich lieb, denn er ist ein frommer, treuer Mensch. Ich hoffe zu Gott, dass wir auch in Zukunft nur Freude an ihm erleben werden. Er lässt Sie, die Mutter u. alle Geschwister herzlich grüßen. Empfangen Sie auch von mir u. den Meinigen die herzlichsten Grüße, sowohl für sich selbst, als alle die Ihrigen. Der treue Gott segne u. behüte Sie jetzt u. immerdar. Ich bleibe in herzl. Hochachtung u. treuer Liebe

Ihr
J. C. W. Lindemann

[Christian Symmank]

Letter 109.51.1 20 Nov 1869.75.jpg - 550kB

Letter 109.51.2 20 Nov 1869.50.jpg - 282kB

Letter 109.51.3 20 Nov 1869.50.jpg - 269kB

Go To Top