Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 110.510 Brohm to Kilian [CHI, Serbin Collection] 8 Apr 1870
mersiowsky
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-1-2015 at 10:18 AM
110.510 Brohm to Kilian [CHI, Serbin Collection] 8 Apr 1870

Honored brother in the Lord:

At the last General Synod in Fort Wayne a portion of the Circuit was allocated to me, which previously had been the work of Pastor Fick. There the trip, especially to the South, was time consuming to Pastor Fick and his congregation believed they would not be able to do without him for so long a time, therefore it behooved me to cover the office, he also made it so dear for me not to withdraw. I intend, God willing, directly after Quasimodogeniti [Second Sunday after Easter] to begin the trip and arrive next in New Orleans, from which I then intend to visit Texas. Having arrived in New Orleans, I will write you again. It would be my very desire to find a letter from you at Pastor Tirmenstein about the travel, which day would suit you and your congregation to hold the aforementioned Visitation.

In brotherly high regard and love for you
United in the Lord
Theodore Brohm

St. Louis, April 8, 1870

Pastor Tirmenstein’s letter box is 1624

[Translated by H. Melvin Symmank]

Verehrter Bruder im Herrn,

Auf der letzten allgemeinen Synode in Fort Wayne wurde mir ein Theil der Visitationen aufgetragen, welche früher Pastor Ficks Arbeit gewesen waren. Da die Reisen besonders nach dem Süden P. Fick zu zeitraubend waren und ihn seine Gemeinde nicht ferner so lange missen zu können glaubte, so durfte ich mich dem mir zugedachten Dienste, so teuer er auch für mich sein mag, nicht entziehen. Ich gedenke, D. V., unmittelbar nach Quasimodogeniti die Reise anzutreten und zunächst in N. Orleans abzusteigen, von wo aus ich dann Texas zu besuchen gedenke. In N. Orleans angekommen, werde ich Ihnen wieder schreiben. Sehr erwünscht würde mir es sein, bei Pastor Tirmenstein einen Brief von Ihnen zu finden, um zu erfahren, welche Tage Sie für die passendsten halten für die in Ihrer Gemeinde vorzunehmende Visitation.

In brüderlicher Hochachtung und Liebe
Ihr im Herrn verbundener
Th. Brohm

St. Louis April 8. 1870.

St. L. Pastor Tiemensteins Letter Box ist 1624.

[Transliterated Christian Symmank]

Letter 110.51 8 Apr 1870.50.jpg - 355kB

Go To Top