Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 121.250 Doerfler to Kilian [CHI, Serbin Collection] 2 Nov 1872
mersiowsky
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-7-2015 at 10:31 PM
121.250 Doerfler to Kilian [CHI, Serbin Collection] 2 Nov 1872

Fraser P.O. Macomb County, Michigan November 2, 1872

Dear Pastor,

Since it has pleased our gracious and merciful God to afflict me with a long and difficult sickness, I became necessarily poor because of the costly doctor visits, which resulted, due to the overwhelming sickness, that I was unable to carry out the duties of my office and I had to resign as teacher in my congregation. Since I found myself, with my 9 young children, greatly impoverished, and also under the present conditions of the congregation, I could not count on any support on part of my congregation, permit me to direct a sincere plea for your love to me, in the name and on the advice of our dear President Huegli, and request a small support for me from your dear congregation.

May the merciful Lord Jesus move your hearts with sympathy toward me in my need, and stand by me, as according to Romans 12. 13.

In the hope, that my plea directed to you will not fail, and that you may be completely convinced, that the smallest deed that you do for me, is such as our precious Savior spoke of in Matthew 25. 26.

With respectful greetings, I remain
Yours, In love,
Fr. Doerfler

[Translated by Ed Bernthal]

Fraser P.O. Macomb Co. Mich
Nov 2, 1872

Erwürdiger Herr Pastor,

Da es den gnädigen und barmherzigen Gott also gefallen hat, mich mit einer langen und schweren Krankheit heimzusuchen, so wurde ich durch meine lange Krankheit und durch Kostglinge ärzliche Behandlung nöttig arm, und dan Folge der vollzuschweren Krankheit unfähig meinem Amtspflichten noch gekommen, must ich mein Amt als Lehrer in meiner Gemeinde niederlegen. Da ich mit meinen 9 unerzogenen Kindern in der grösten Mittellosigkeit befinde auch unter den gegenwertigen Gemindeverhältnisen, von Seiten meiner Gemeinde auf keine Unterstützung rechnen kann, so erlaube ich mir eine herzliche Bitte von Ihrer Liebe zu richten; im Namen und auf Rath unsers ehrw. Herrn Präses Hügle für mich bei Ihren lieben Gemeinde um ein geringe Unterstützung auszusprechen.

Möge der barmherzige Herr Jesus Ihr Herz zum Mitleid gegen meine Noth lenken, und in derselben nach Römer 12. 13 beizustehen.

In der Hoffnung keine Fehlbitte an Ihre Liebe gerichtet zu haben, können Sie volkommen überzeigt seie, keinen geringen Dienst hierin gethan zu haben als den von welcher unser hochgelobter Heiland sagt: Matt 25. 26.

Hochachtungsvoll grüssend verbleibe ich,
Ihr,
Fr. Doerfler

[Transliterated by Ed Bernthal]

Letter 121.25 2 Nov 1872.25.jpg - 234kB

Go To Top