The Wendish Research Exchange
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 137.340 Ebenezer, Mannheim call to Pastor Kaspar [CHI, Repp Collection] 9 Jul 1877
mersiowsky
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-28-2015 at 04:31 PM
137.340 Ebenezer, Mannheim call to Pastor Kaspar [CHI, Repp Collection] 9 Jul 1877

High Hill, Fayette County, Texas
July 9, 1877

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, the Father, and the union of the Holy Ghost be with you all, Amen.

True evangelical Lutheran congregation of Eben Ezer, located at the San Antonio Prairie, Lee County, Texas, called to eternal glory and salvation.

After having received your call and having recognized it as a godly call, I presented it to my evangelical Lutheran congregation here at Salem for their consideration. Despite the hesitation to allow for a change of pastor at this time, the congregation recognized the call as a godly call and stated: “The call comes from the Lord, there is nothing we can say against it.”

The true and merciful God and Father may bless my calling richly with his holy ghost for Jesus Christ’s sake, so that I will bring honor to his name and comfort and salvation to all.

And, because I feel unworthy and unskilled to fulfill such holy call, I ask you to pray for me to God, so that he may give me, the weak one, strength.

Cordially and with all my respect I greet you as your called Pastor.

J. Kaspar

[Ed Bernthal]

High Hill, Fayette County, Texas
9 Juli 1877

Die Gnade unseres Herrn Jesu Christi , die Liebe Gottes,des Vaters, und die Gemeinschaft des Heiligen Geistes sei Euch allen, Amen.

Zur ewigen Herrlichkeit und Seligkeit berufene treue evangelische lutherische Eben Ezer Gemeinde an der San Antonio Prärie, Lee County, Texas.

Nachdem ich den von Ihnen erhaltenen Beruf bereits als einen göttlichen erkannte, so legte ich denselben der hiesigen evangelisch lutherischen Salems Gemeinde zur Begutachtung vor. Trotz den Bedenken, jetzt einen Prädiger Wechsel stattfinden zu lassen, erkannte doch die Gemeinde den Beruf als einen göttlichen, indem Sie sagte: “Das ist vom Herrn, und lässt sich nichts dagegen sagen.”

Der treue barmherzige Gott und Vater möge mir zur Ausrichtung des Amtes seinen heiligen Geist um Jesu Christi Willen, reichlich verleihen, dass ich zu seines heiligen Namens Ehre und vieler Seelen Trost und Seligkeit wirken möge.

Und weil ich mich zu solchem heiligen Beruf und Werk gar unwürdig ungeschickt fühle, so bitte ich Sie, auch fleissig für mich zu Gott zu beten, dass er auch jetzt noch nach seiner Verheissung in dem Schwachen mächtig sein möge.

In herzlicher Liebe und Hochachtung grüsst Sie Ihr rechtmässig berufener Pastor und Seelsorger.

J. Kaspar.

[Ed Bernthal]

Repp, 018.15.jpg - 241kB

Go To Top