Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Family Tree
fhwissel
Junior Posting Wend

[*] posted on 10-4-2014 at 01:24 PM
Family Tree

I am looking for the parents and/or siblings of Mathes Mattiza (born March 3, 1861 in Germany; died December 9, 1920 Lee County, TX). Can anybody help me?
jwpelosi
Rookie Wendish Poster

[*] posted on 5-23-2015 at 04:48 PM
Hanna/Anna Mattiza Hannusch

I'm searching for the parents of Hanna/Anna Mattiza (born 18 Dec 1847 and died 5 Jul 1912--buried in St. Michael's Lutheran Church Cemetery in Winchester TX). Anna married George Hannusch, and they are my great grandparents.

Could Matthes and Anna be related? Could they be siblings?

There's conflicting information as to my great grandmother's maiden name but my grandmother's baptismal certificate clearly says MATTIZA.

How are you related?
fhwissel
Junior Posting Wend

[*] posted on 7-2-2015 at 01:50 PM

Matthes Mattiza is my great grandfather. His daughter, Hulda Mattiza (my grandmother) married John Herman Mattijetz.

I believe Matthes had siblings but I do not know of any, nor do I know who his parents were. Matthes is buried at Christ Lutheran in Loebau, TX.

I got a copy of Matthes Mattiza's death certificate to try to find more information. However, for the boxes listing names of father and mother and their places of birth, there were only checkmarks. The death certificate was filled out by Emil Mattiza who I believe was his son born January, 1899 and died in 1959.
fhwissel
Junior Posting Wend

[*] posted on 4-19-2020 at 11:25 AM
Anna Mattiza

Since this was first posted, I have been able to contact my Mattiza relatives in Lee County, TX. They have helped me expand my family tree. In my tree is an Ann Mattiza who was born in 1858 that I cannot find any information about. Her parents are Martin Mattiza (1832-1875) and Maria Maluschka (1840-1875). Martin Mattiza had 4 siblings: ,Anna Mattiza (1817-188), George Mattiza (1826-1907), Matthaus H. Mattiza (1835-?), Maria Mattiza (1839-1915). Martin Mattiza's parents are Matthaus Mattiza (1791-1874) and his Mother's maiden name was Nowusch but I do not have any information about them.

I would think the Mattizas in my family tree have some connection to the Hanna/Anna Mattiza in your family. Maybe the church where they are buried may have some family records that may connect the families but I cannot physically review their records as I am in Idaho. If you get any information about your Mattiza family, please share. Thank you.

Go To Top