The Wendish Research Exchange
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 131.510 Kilian to Shaefer and Koradi [CHI, Serbin Collection] 17 Nov 1874
mersiowsky
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-15-2015 at 08:00 PM
131.510 Kilian to Shaefer and Koradi [CHI, Serbin Collection] 17 Nov 1874

Serbin, Lee County, November 17, 1874

Mr. Schaefer & Koradi, Philadelphia

Dear sirs:

I herewith notify you that yesterday my son, G. H. Kilian, who is my school master, received through the mail the first issue of the “Home Friend,” from the year 1873, which he already had. My son and I live close together on the church property in Serbin. (The next sentence is illegible). So don’t send any more issues to my son. And also ______ to me, due to the present circumstances, discontinue sending the “Home Friend” to my home. Please don’t send anymore issues of the named publication.

My debt in the amount of 50 cents is enclosed.

Devotedly,
Johann Kilian, Pastor

[Translated by Ed Bernthal]

Serbin, Lee County, am 17 November 1874

Herrn Schaefer & Koradi, Philadelphia

Ehr. Wohlgeboren:

Zeige ich hiermit das gestern mein Sohn G. H. Kilian d.J. mein Schulmeister, durch die Post das erste Heft des Hausfreunds vom Jahre 1873 welches er bereits bestetzt. Ich und mein Sohn wohnen auf den Kirchplatz in Serbin nahe bei einander. (The next sentence is illegible). Schicken Sie daher meinem Sohn kein Heft mehr. Und mich ________ gegenwaertigen Umstaenden sowohl das daheim ich auch den Hausfreunde bei ihnen abzustellen. Ich bitte Sie darum mich kein Heft der genannten Schriften mehr zuzusenden.

Meine Schulden in Betrag vom 50 cts liegt hierbei.

In Ergebenheit
Johann Kilian, P

[Transliterated by Ed Bernthal]

Letter 131.51 17 Nov 1874.25.jpg - 145kB

Go To Top