The Wendish Research Exchange
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 134.940 Kilian to Bischoff [CHI, Serbin Collection] 12 Oct 1875
mersiowsky
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-24-2015 at 10:08 AM
134.940 Kilian to Bischoff [CHI, Serbin Collection] 12 Oct 1875

Serbin, Lee County, Texas, October 12, 1875

Rev. and Professor R. A. Bischoff, Fort Wayne

Dearly Beloved Professor and Assistant Head Master!

You are herewith requested to receive $50 Currency which is submitted to you per Money Order for the account of my son Hermann.

The prayer of our Highly Praised Savior, John 17, 20-23, that the believers would be one, is not yet being fulfilled in Serbin. For the glory of unity in Serbin has “departed from Israel”. Serbin is at a breaking point with the Yegua. In Serbin, a new congregational breaking point is building up, which is understood by Pastor Stiemke. In the Yegua, Pastor Proft recently had to resign from his office, because the gang spirit there would not let him remain, and which has threatened to tear the Yegua congregation apart, like Serbin was torn apart.

Please excuse this short outpouring of my bitter heart.

I remain devoted to the Lord,
Yours,
Johann Kilian, Pastor

Since in Serbin, like in Yegua, no differences in doctrine has come forth, one must believe that the dear Lord, must like once to Job, have been given over for a time to the devil. What good does pure doctrine do, when the unity of the colony is broken? “Oh that I had the wings of a dove, for then I would fly away and be at rest.” Ps. 55, 7

[Translated by Ed Bernthal]

Serbin, Lee Co. Texas am 12ten October 1875

Rev. Prof. R. A. Bischoff, Fort Wayne

Hochwürdiger Geliebter Herr Professor und Konrector!

Sie werden andurch ersucht 50 Dollars Currency welches Ihnen anbei per Money Order zufertigen, für die Kasse meines Sohnes Hermann in Empfang zu nehmen.

Das Gebet unseres hochgelobten Heilands, Joh. 17, 20-23, das die Glaubigen Eins seien will sich in Serbin noch nicht erfüllen. Den die Herrlichkeit der Einheit ist in Serbin dahin von Israel. In Serbin bildet sich ein neues Bruchstück welchen P. Stiemke versteht. In der Yegua muste P. Proft neulich sein Amt niederlegen, weil daselbst der Rottengeist ihn nicht bleiben liest der die Yegua Gemeinde zur zerriesen drohte wie er Serbin zerris.

Sie entschuldigen dieser kurzen Ergus meines bittern Herzen.

Ich verbleibe in Herrn ergebenst Johann Kilian, P

Da in Serbin inso Yegua keinen Lehrdifferens hervor tritt so mus man glauben das der liebe Gott sammt die Yegua wie einst Hiob, auf eine Zeit dem Teufel übergeben hat. Was hilfst die Reinheit der Lehre noch wan die Einheit der Colonie Serbin verbrochen ist? “O hätte ich Fluegel wie Tauben, das ich flöge u etwa bleibe!” Ps. 55. 7

[Transliterated by Ed Bernthal]

Letter 134.94 12 Oct 1875.25.jpg - 215kB

Go To Top