The Wendish Research Exchange
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Seeking SMEs (Subject Matter Experts)
webmaster
Super Administrator

Mood: The webmaster is Happy!

[*] posted on 4-10-2012 at 08:36 AM
Seeking SMEs (Subject Matter Experts)

Purpose: To better collaborate among researchers of any Wendish topic, be it a family's history, church's history, translation of documents, or other.

The intent is to build a list of researchers who may be contacted directly in order to share information or provide assistance.

What we are asking for here is for a simple "Post Reply" of a message such as "I have researched the <familyname> family for several years, and would be happy to join the Wendish Research Exchange as a SME (Subject Matter Expert). Don't expect same-day responses, though. More than happy to help out as time permits."

After volunteering here as an SME, those seeking assistance can easily contact you by clicking on the "Send U2U" button below your message to send you a direct message via our messaging system. There is no disclosure of email addresses in using the U2U messaging system, so you are insulated from unwanted emails and may keep your Wendish Research Exchange interactions with our community members separate from your personal email.

You always have control over your personal email address being available to others, and may allow or disallow this by accessing your User Control Panel and choosing "Edit Profile". By default, your email address is not shown.
Kathe
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 5-13-2012 at 07:08 PM
SME

I have a fairly good grasp of the Trinity Church Records at Fedor and Ebenezer at Manheim. I also can read German, even the old script sometimes. Some pastors are easier than others.

I'm willing to try to interpret old records, and answer questions (and maybe ask questions) about early church records.

I also have a copy of early church records from Thorndale and Bishop as well as Manheim and Fedor.

My major research names are Dube and Weise, but I have a pretty big database. I'm willing to look for anything!

Let me know what you need!
Kathe

kruemcke
Rookie Wendish Poster

[*] posted on 5-20-2012 at 03:11 PM
Re: Seeking SMEs

I don't know if I would characterize myself as an SME in this area but I have a pretty large database more than 6000 names for Lorenz, Moerbe, Bittner (Buettner)s.
webmaster
Super Administrator

Mood: The webmaster is Happy!

[*] posted on 4-3-2013 at 07:29 AM
Grassyville, Lee County, Texas

Marcella Chappell is the subject matter expert (SME) for Grassyville. Thank you, Marcella. :)

Her User Name here in the Forum is Marcella! Feel free to contact her via U2U while logged-in to your registered Forum account!
thettler
Rookie Wendish Poster

[*] posted on 6-28-2013 at 08:19 AM
Zoch & Schoppa families

Have been researching the Zoch & Schoppa families for several years. Have some photos and will gladly share with anyone who is interested.

Tonya (Zoch) Hettler

Go To Top